New: 11th July, London – Improving College Performance
We have recently held our seminar on Improving College Performance. The event received excellent feedback from delegates who valued our expertise and advice. Michelle Swithenbank, CEO, HCG Group also joined us to discuss how MCA MapPro had been used to improve their performance.
We deliver seminars for our clients that focus on key and topical areas.
We will announce the next date for one of our seminars later in the year.
We can offer seminars at your college for 10+ delegates.
Financial Awareness Course
This one-day course aims to equip college managers with a workable degree of financial awareness using plain English, easy to understand terms and concepts.
The programme starts at 10:00am and closes at 4:00pm and covers the following topics:
- Different types of Accountant/Accounting ethos
- Accountants and Auditors
- The main accounting documents
- Differences between Annual and Management Accounts
- Financial Memorandum
- Financial Regulations and Procedures
- What should you expect from the Finance Function?
Budgeting and Forecasting
- What is a budget?
- Good budgeting practice and how not to do it!
- Why do we forecast?
- Importance of performance reviews
- SFA planning requirements
- Understanding the different types of cost
- Revenue and Capital
- Depreciation and other non-cash adjustments
- New ventures – how to do it!
- Link between curriculum and financial planning
- Importance of Cash
What Could Go Wrong?
- Income & cost control problems
- Personnel changes
- Changes in circumstances e.g. Government Policy
- What can be done to prevent shocks?
- SFA Intervention
“Very Helpful. A lot of knowledge shared. Clearly very experienced speakers with their fingers on the pulse and ears to the ground. Thanks!”
The day includes a number of practical examples and plenty of delegate participation. All course materials will be provided. Malcolm Cooper, MD of MCA Cooper Associates will be delivering the course.
Click here to access our booking form or or call Malcolm Cooper on 07950 931389. This course can be held at your college for £1,000 + VAT.
We can also offer other bespoke in-house training courses tailored to your needs.
We have years of experience in business management in both the private sector and in FE colleges. Our experience positions us to understand the problems faced by the Further Education Sector but with knowledge of what can be achieved outside the sector.