Adult Learning Funding Support (ALS)
Don’t get Caught by the 90% Threshold – We can Help!
Given the challenges which many Colleges are facing in reaching the Adult Education Funding threshold, it is particularly important that they ensure that they are recording and claiming all the Learning Support provided to adults, which can help meet the AEB target.
Our work in the sector suggests many institutions gain from our advice in helping them understand what constitutes learning support, the costs attached to Learning Support and the evidence needed to claim the support being delivered.
Have you recently asked yourselves the following questions?
- What can we claim as ALS?
- How much learning support funding are we claiming for adults and apprentices – does this claim feel correct?
- Are we able to record learning support costs on the Earning Adjustment Statement in a timely and accurate manner?
- Are we claiming all our appropriate costs and are these costings up to date?
- Are our initial assessments effectively identifying all those adults and apprentices who require ALS?
- Do we have robust processes and procedures in place to provide effective learning support?
- Are we receiving the correct placement and top up funding for our High Needs students?
- Where are we in discussions with our local authorities about the new flexibilities around placement funding?
- Do our records support our ALS claim and satisfy audit requirements?
- Do we have an agreed and well understood strategic direction which ensures effective Additional Learning Support for all our students and apprentices?
Currently the funding of additional learning support is increasingly being raised on the national agenda and we have supported several colleges recently to develop their claim around Adult Learners, Apprentices and High Needs students.
Our team have recently worked with a number of Colleges and have helped them to significantly increase their claim.
If you would like help and advice answering the questions above and any other questions regarding Additional Learning Support then please contact us on 07950 931389 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
“I have known Malcolm for a number of years during which time I have had experience of how MCA work. Malcolm has led various MCA projects for us. They adopt a very user-friendly approach and demonstrate their many years’ of FE experience which enables them to get right to the heart of the matter very quickly. I am happy to recommend them without hesitation.”
We have years of experience in business management in both the private sector and in FE colleges. Our experience positions us to understand the problems faced by the Further Education Sector but with knowledge of what can be achieved outside the sector.